Pages

Friday, September 8, 2017

THE LETTER

                                              
#Friday Foto Fiction





Poorvi was the first IAS officer from her city. Her father wrote a letter to her when she asked for a picture.

Dear Poorvi,

I know you are wondering why I sent you the picture of my dirty hands instead of my face. Darling, I am not a businessman or a celebrity whose face shows the identity of their works. I work in a coal mine that has not only blackened my clothes, but also my skin. I could have sent you the picture of my face, but my dirty black hands are my real identity. These black hands have helped you to achieve your dreams and now you are an IAS officer. I am sure this picture of your father’s Black Hands will help you to maintain a clear image of an IAS officer throughout the life.

Love
Papa


-By Gaurav Yadav



This post is part of #FridayFotoFiction Held by Mayuri and Tina


32 comments:

  1. Well written Gaurav. I loved your interpretation of the image.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A story of love, grit and pride! A complete package! Fantastic take on the prompt!
    - Anagha From Team MocktailMommies

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a touching letter. Reminded me of a letter my father had written to me when I completed my medical degree....very nicely written!!
    Prasanna from team Mocktailmommies

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. Glad to know that you are from medical branch Dr. Prasanna

      Delete
  4. He's a very inspiring dad. very nice Gaurav. Thanks for linking up with #FridayFotoFiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely prompt. Thank you for the opportunity.

      Delete
  5. Awesome take on this prompt. Almost like a 'Humans of New York' level of inspiration.


    Godyears.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one Gaurav we should never forget our roots - her father has made sure he does his bit in letting his daughter stay grounded

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only the interpretation is excellent but a subtle message sent by the father to his IAS daughter is full of wisdom. Good take, Gaurav Y.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow very nice and very different take on the prompt. I really loved it , keep going

    ReplyDelete
  9. I loved your refreshing and intelligent take on the prompt, Gaurav! Great writing!
    Thank you for writing for #FridayFotoFiction

    ReplyDelete
  10. It was my first attempt with #FridayFotoFiction, and I am very happy with the response. Thank you for the opportunity.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow never read such a great piece of letter from dad to his daughter. This letter is just full of inspiration for all who read it. Its actually the true lines and very touching too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow never read such a great piece of letter from dad to his daughter. This letter is just full of inspiration for all who read it. Its actually the true lines and very touching too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A very emotional and unique story of triumph.Thanks Gaurav!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very well written, Gaurav. A very powerful message. Thanks for linking up with #WordSante.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a lesson and reminder from a father - if only there were more parents like this! Well done. #WordSante

    ReplyDelete
  16. The letter is really a symbol of achieved milestone. #wordsante

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loved your take on the prompt Gaurav. A lesson in the story for all of us. Welcome to #WordSante

    ReplyDelete